It’s a new year and now everyone will rush to the gym wanting to lose weight. In a way I feel like one of them because I have been cheating on my workout for the last month. Feels almost like I’m about to start over again. The thing is being healthy doesn’t have to be so complicated. I think that most people think to much when it comes to being healthy. Being healthy isn’t just about eating right and workout. It’s about a lot more. With that I mean taking care of you and think about what you put in your body. How you treat yourself. Healthy lifestyle is a way to live, not something you just do when your body is about to give up or you feeling tired. I know it might sound boring but it doesn’t have to be. I will actually share a recipe with you that is healthy and absolutely not boring in any way.
3 things that will help you with your health
- Water. What can I say. Did you know you can actually start losing weight if you drink water? Water can make your skin look great. It can also help you when you have headaches. It may also help treat kidney stones. I can make a long list why water is good for you.
- Sleep. This is another thing that a lot of people almost think is cool to skip. It’s not good for your body if you’re not getting enough sleep. Less sleep can actually make you gain weight. And who wants that? Sleep can improve your memory and also boost your immune system. Have you noticed when you’re sick you can sleep forever? That’s your body telling you that you need to rest. Oh and again, sleep is also good for your skin. Who doesn’t like that?
- Eating. Avoid trans fat, sugar and gluten products. Okay I know that might sound complicated but it’s not. Now it’s pretty easy. Thanks to internet and you can find all kind of recipes. Eating is also very important. It’s easy to skip meals and think you will lose weight, but actually it can just be the opposite. You have to eat 4-5 meals a day, not big ones. This way you will keep your blood sugar in check. You will be less tired, have more energy and even be more positive.
So here you have 3 ways to be healthier. I can make a even longer list but this is a good way to start. And then it comes to your mindset. Meditation is a great way to stay healthy on the inside. Every night, write down things you are grateful for. That way you will fall asleep happy and you will wake up feeling positive. Now I promised you a recipe that is great especially for you out there who loves chocolate.
Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.